02 June 2011

New York. New York.

My lucky, lucky cousin is entering the fray of New York City at the moment. Since flying in from Sydney town, she has been delving into local flea markets, visiting Brooklyn Ikea and making a little space of her own in her student flat...we may just have to pack up our bags and head over there for a visit.

This is where I would be heading if I went there - based on a fleeting visit years ago and discoveries through my blog travels...New Yorkers I know this is not even the tip of the iceberg!

Number One has to be Anthropologie...doorknobs and curtains and jewellery oh my




































Second is the Metropolitan Museum of Art - yes the divine Alexander McQueen exhibition is currently showing.
























Third would have to be the Brooklyn Flea. I would just need a shipping container to bring back all my finds.




















Fourth would be Broadway. I think I would have to ration our show intake..



















Fifth the Metropolitan Opera. As an occasional singer I would love to dress up to the nines and go to the 'Opera'.

Renee Fleming





















Read all about it...
A gorgeous new book which will also guide a designer through their NYC travels is The Stylists Guide to New York by the wonderfully creative Sibella Court...

Sibella's home in NYC when she lived there
























Images: Diane James, Shelter, MET, Brooklyn Flea, Broadway.com, Renee Fleming, Moodboard



1 comment:

  1. Oh, all beautiful choices~!
    I visited there for the first time last Christmas, and I now can't get NYC out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails